03rd December 2019 | 08:00 to 14:30
The Third Industrial Revolution is well underway, even transforming the classic bureaucracy of the Civil Service. But what impact do emerging technologies have on standards in public life? And how can organisations manage the impact they will have on the workforce? We have a stellar line up to discuss the challenges and opportunities digital transformations bring.
- 8am: Registration and breakfast
- 8.30am: Keynote speech from John Manzoni, Chief Executive of the Civil Service & Permanent Secretary at the Cabinet Office.
- 9-10.15am: Emerging technologies & their use in public service delivery The panel includes Lord Jonathan Evans, Chair of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, Dr David Halpern, Chief Executive of The Behavioural Insights Team, Roger Taylor, Chair of the Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation, and Rachel Coldicutt, CEO at doteveryone. The panel will be chaired by a representative from the Institute for Government.
- 10.15-10.30am: Refreshment break
- 10.30am – 12 noon: Managing the impact on your workforce from digital transformation We will hear from Mike Harlow, CEO of HM Land Registry; Peter Cheese, Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development; Kate Bell, Head of Rights, International, Social and Economics at the Trades Union Congress; and Tera Allas CBE, Senior Fellow at the McKinsey Centre for Government
- 12-1pm: Closing speaker, Sarah Wilkinson, Chief Executive, NHS Digital
- 1-2.30pm: Networking lunch.
There will be a dinner the evening before, for conference attendees, hosted by McKinsey and Company. Places will be limited, so do let us know ASAP if you would also like to attend this function.
Tickets to the conference are £200 per person - there is no charge for the dinner the evening before. Plus, it is buy one, get one half price, so if you register more than one person from your organisation, tickets for them are just £100.
The seminar will take place at the Institute for Government, 2 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AA.
To register, please email email@example.com, ensuring that you let us know if you would like to attend the dinner on 2 December.